Jesus Teaches about Trust
Family Discussion Questions
- Who can trust God?
- What is the definition of trust? Is there a difference between trusting a person and trusting God?
- When can we trust God to be there? How do you know?
- Where in our lives does trust effect how we act?
- Why do you think that Jesus specifically tells us not to be anxious? How does that tie into trust?
- How does the model prayer encourage us to trust God?
- Which part of your life is the hardest to trust God about? Your family? School? Job? . . .
- Choose one member of your family to pray for this week. Ask God to help them trust Him in all things.
Song – I grew up singing the hymn “Trust and Obey” the final part of the song says
And ‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Maybe you could sing or listen to this song as a family this week.