Attending With KidsWe love kids! We want to help you plan effectively and create a stress free church experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
Volunteer Qualifications: All volunteers in CloughKids and CloughKids Preschool are members of Clough Pike Baptist Church. Volunteers in CloughKids will be background checked and continually trained to ensure all children are receiving the best spiritual leadership and care. Background checks are run prior to the volunteer serving and re-run every three years.
Identifying a CloughKids volunteer: CloughKids volunteers wear lanyard photo id security badges while serving.
Sign In / Sign Out Policy
In an effort to provide the safest, best and most comprehensive care possible for each child, we require that all children be registered and signed-in through our check-in system for each service, program or event attended.
Releasing a Child: No child will be released to anyone – adult or older sibling – without a matching security code. If a matching code cannot be produced, a staff member will need to release the child to an appropriate guardian.
Class Age Breakdowns: For Life Group, our classes include nursery, younger toddlers, older toddlers, preschool, PreK and K, First Grade, Second Grade, Third and Fourth Grade, Fifth and Sixth Grade. During Worship, we have nursery, younger toddlers, older toddlers, preschool and CloughKids Worship which combines children in PreK through Fourth Grade.
Curriculum: We have developed a unique to Clough Pike three year chronological scope and sequence. It begins in Genesis and teaches through to Revelation. We provide children a path for discipleship by laying a foundation of faith though intentional, Scripture-based, Christ-centered experiences, lessons and programming.
Snacks / Allergies: Snacks are NOT something we use on a regular basis. In the event that a snack is given, all snacks will be gluten, nut and dairy free. Leaders double check for allergies as noted on each child’s security tag,each week and substitute a safe snack as necessary. Parents are responsible for notifying CloughKids of any allergies or changes in allergies.
Wellness Policy: At Clough Pike Baptist Church we know that sharing is a good thing and we enjoy sharing the love of Christ with all children; however, we do not want to share germs! If a child has any of the following symptoms, the child is not to be in the nursery, preschool or children’s areas.
- Fever: a child needs to be fever free for a minimum of 48 hours without the aid of fever reducing medications.
- Fever AND sore throat, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, earache, irritability, or confusion.
- Diarrhea: runny, watery, bloody stools, or 2 or more loose stools within the last 4 hours.
- Vomiting: 2 or more times in a 24 hour period.
- Breathing trouble, sore throat, swollen glands, loss of voice, hacking or continuous coughing.
- Runny nose (other than clear).
- Child is irritable, continuously crying, or requires more attention, than we can provide without hurting the health, safety or well-being of the other children in our care.
- All adults must wear an appropriate facial covering over their nose and mouth the entire time they are serving in any area of the CloughKids department.
- All children PreK and older must wear an appropriate facial covering over their nose and mouth the entire time they are participating in any indoor CloughKids service, event or program.
- All children and adults entering any CloughKids space will have a health screening including a temperature check. Those with a temperature over 99.6 will not be able to enter any CloughKids space.
- All children and adults must sanitize or wash their hands immediately upon entry into any CloughKids space, after touching any other person or after coughing/sneezing.
- Social Distancing is to be observed as much as possible. • Children PreK and Older are to have chairs spaced a minimum of 6’ apart unless they are members of a single household.
- Preschool children are encouraged to engage in activities and lessons in a socially distanced way.
- Material sharing must be kept to an absolute minimum. Individual supply bags will be provided. Materials that must be shared are to be wiped down or sprayed with sanitizer between each person.
Special Needs: Each week at CloughKids, we gather together embracing, welcoming and accepting all children and families as part of the CloughKids community. Children with special needs are welcome and encouraged to join our programming. Our children’s director will be happy to discuss the specific needs of your child with you and together determine the best place for your child to safely learn and worship.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”