Church as Community
1 Corinthians 1:10–13
Family Discussion Questions
- Who is part of your community?
- What is a community?
- When does a church function as a community?
- Where can we find community?
- Why do we need a community?
- How does a community support one another?
- Which people in our church make it feel like a community? How can we as a family make sure we are part of this list?
- Take some time to pray for the people in your church community.
It’s that time of year again – This I Believe is back! We will be digging deep and taking a look at the most common questions about our faith. Join us each Wednesday in the Children’s Worship space for some serious learning and some serious fun.
Thanks to Disney many of you probably know that Ohana is Hawaiian for family but did you know that in its fullest sense, Ohana is a group of people bound by love and compassion for one another – it includes intentional, adopted family and close friends. This year at our Ohana Island VBS, we are going to be exploring how God created us for community with Him and with one another.
Ohana Island will run July 18-22 from 6:15-8:45PM. Evenings on Ohana Island will begin with our worship rally where we will dig into biblical truth and worship the God who designed us all. The night will continue with games, science, snacks, small group time, and missions. Each night will conclude with a short time of worship as we gather together for dismissal.
Registration is open so go ahead and start to share on social media, invite friends, and register your own children [www.cloughpike.com/ohana]!
Mark your calendars and come join us as we discover how we are created for community!