Mark 16:5-7; Luke 24:2-3; Matthew 28:1-10; John 20:1-10
Family Discussion Questions
- Who saw Jesus on the day of his resurrection?
- What other teaching began to make sense after the resurrection? [think about passages that foreshadow]
- When did the disciples finally believe He was risen?
- Where was the heavy stone when the women arrived? How?
- Why would this event have been so confusing to the people at the time? How does it confuse some people now?
- How can we frame the resurrection as “more than just a miracle”?
- Which part of part of Jesus’ resurrection is most incredible to you? Why?
- As a family, discuss how Jesus’ death and resurrection change everything.
Foot Races – two of the disciples had a footrace to tomb. Have family footraces.
Resurrection Cookies – make these fun empty tomb cookies together. Click here for the recipe and directions.
Videos – Right Now Media has tons of great videos that go through the resurrection story.
Lunch after church is good. Lunch after church that you don’t have to prepare is better. Lunch after church that you don’t have to prepare or drive to – SIGN US UP! Will you join us for Taters & Treats on May 1st after service? Reserve your seat at www.cloughpike.com/treatsThe proceeds from this lunch will go to help reduce the cost of discipleship camp for our children and youth this summer. There is a suggested donation of $8/person or $25/family.
It’s that time of year again – This I Believe is back! We will be digging deep and taking a look at the most common questions about our faith. Join us each Wednesday in the Children’s Worship space for some serious learning and some serious fun.
Thanks to Disney many of you probably know that Ohana is Hawaiian for family but did you know that in its fullest sense, Ohana is a group of people bound by love and compassion for one another – it includes intentional, adopted family and close friends. This year at our Ohana Island VBS, we are going to be exploring how God created us for community with Him and with one another.
Ohana Island will run July 18-22 from 6:15-8:45PM. Evenings on Ohana Island will begin with our worship rally where we will dig into biblical truth and worship the God who designed us all. The night will continue with games, science, snacks, small group time, and missions. Each night will conclude with a short time of worship as we gather together for dismissal.
Registration is open so go ahead and start to share on social media, invite friends, and register your own children [www.cloughpike.com/ohana]!
Mark your calendars and come join us as we discover how we are created for community!