The Holy Spirit Comes
John 16:5–15; Acts 2:1–24; Ephesians 1:13–14; Galatians 5:22–23
Family Discussion Questions
- Who is the Holy Spirit available to?
- What is the Holy Spirit?
- When did the Holy Spirit begin to exist? How do you know?
- Where did the Holy Spirit fall on the disciples?
- Why did the Holy Spirit come?
- How does the Holy Spirit work now?
- Which emotions well up in you when you think about the fact that the Holy Spirit lives within believers?
- Share a story from your own life where the Holy Spirit has led you.
Wind – Spend time feeling the wind. Make a windsock, Measure wind speed. Use a pinwheel. Discuss how the coming of the Holy Spirit sounded like a rushing wind.
Different Languages – Listen to something in an unknown foreign language. Talk about how everyone heard what the disciples were saying in their own language. How amazing is that?
Would you try to rehang a towel rack to the wall with white glue? Probably not.
Is your hammer going to help your fix the light switch? Unlikely.
Having the right tools makes all the difference when you are trying to accomplish a job well. Join us as guest speaker Vanessa Wellendorf shares some new tools for your parenting toolbelt. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to come together, talk about parenting and pick up a new tool or two for your arsenal.
CloughKids crawling through non-youth 6th grade will have their own workshop during the adult program. To help make arriving by 9AM easier, the children’s activities will begin with breakfast before digging into some new tools of their own. Registration is required for the children’s activities – Register Here.