Prayer, Betrayal & Arrest
Matthew 26:36-56; Mark 14:32-50; Luke 22:39-53; John 17:1-18:11
Family Discussion Questions
- Who can speak with God through prayer?
- What happened during Jesus’ arrest?
- When did the disciples run?
- Where in the passages can we see Jesus’ commitment to the will of God?
- Why did Jesus ask the disciples to pray with Him?
- How can we use this part of scripture to see how we ought to react and behave?
- Which part of the night would be the hardest for you – the praying all night, the betrayal or the arrest? Why?
- Share about your prayer life. What does it look like? When do you pray?
Focused Prayer Time – Set aside a special time as a family to pray that is different than your usual rhythm.
Walk Away – Use scenarios where our natural inclination would be to fight back and talk about ways to walk away.
Last year’s game night was a blast and we still miss hanging out with all of you; so, mark your calendars for Sunday, January 30th @ 6:30PM for Family Game Night. We’re going to gather together for a night of fun, laughter and fellowship.
All you’ll need to do is round up your family, bring a larger than life game piece that represents your family [think tea kettle, stuffed animal, baseball cap, etc] and show up in the fellowship hall. CloughKids will bring the fellowship hall filling game board, trivia, emoji puzzles, markers, bean bags and snacks for an action packed night of friendly competition.
Families with youth – all of the youth will be joining us for game night!
No registration necessary.
Would you try to rehang a towel rack to the wall with white glue? Probably not.
Is your hammer going to help your fix the light switch? Unlikely.
Having the right tools makes all the difference when you are trying to accomplish a job well. Join us as guest speaker Vanessa Wellendorf shares some new tools for your parenting toolbelt. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to come together, talk about parenting and pick up a new tool or two for your arsenal.
CloughKids crawling through non-youth 6th grade will have their own workshop during the adult program. To help make arriving by 9AM easier, the children’s activities will begin with breakfast before digging into some new tools of their own. Registration is required for the children’s activities – Register Here.