Jesus Appears and Ascends
Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 26:9-20; Luke 24:13-53; John 20:11-29
Family Discussion Questions
- Who saw Jesus before he ascended? Who watched the ascension happen?
- What was the reaction of those who heard about Jesus’ appearing but didn’t see it?
- When did Thomas finally believe?
- Where all did Jesus appear to people?
- Why did Jesus give the disciples a task before he ascended? Are we called to do the same thing? What is the task?
- How does knowing Jesus appeared to people before ascending process in your head? Would that have been scary to you?
- Which part of going and telling like Jesus told us to do is hardest for you?
- Share a name of someone you would like to share Jesus with with your family. Then take time to pray over each of these people.
Jesus Ascends Homemade Toy – This is a fun family craft that can reinforce the idea of Christ ascending into Heaven. Directions
Take a Bow – Write a short play and reenact Jesus appearing to the disciples either in the upper room or on the road.
Last year’s game night was a blast and we still miss hanging out with all of you; so, mark your calendars for Sunday, January 30th @ 6:30PM for Family Game Night. We’re going to gather together for a night of fun, laughter and fellowship.
All you’ll need to do is round up your family, bring a larger than life game piece that represents your family [think tea kettle, stuffed animal, baseball cap, etc] and show up in the fellowship hall. CloughKids will bring the fellowship hall filling game board, trivia, emoji puzzles, markers, bean bags and snacks for an action packed night of friendly competition.
Families with youth – all of the youth will be joining us for game night!
No registration necessary.
Would you try to rehang a towel rack to the wall with white glue? Probably not.
Is your hammer going to help your fix the light switch? Unlikely.
Having the right tools makes all the difference when you are trying to accomplish a job well. Join us as guest speaker Vanessa Wellendorf shares some new tools for your parenting toolbelt. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to come together, talk about parenting and pick up a new tool or two for your arsenal.
CloughKids crawling through non-youth 6th grade will have their own workshop during the adult program. To help make arriving by 9AM easier, the children’s activities will begin with breakfast before digging into some new tools of their own. Registration is required for the children’s activities – Register Here.