Jesus’ Trial and Crucifixion
Matthew 26:57-27:61; Mark 14:53-15:47; Luke 22:66-23:56; John 18:12-19:42
Family Discussion Questions
- Who stood up for Jesus during his trials? Who stood against him?
- What, if anything, seems unusual or unfair to you?
- When you think about Jesus’ trial and crucifixion, how do you feel? Why do you think that is?
- Where did all of this take place?
- Why didn’t Jesus just tell everyone who he is? Why didn’t he stop the process?
- How can we be mindful of the sacrifice Jesus made for us?
- Which way do you think you would react if someone had asked you if you knew Jesus while he was on trial or being crucified? Why?
- Share any additional thoughts or questions you have with one another.
Hold a Trial – Discuss how a court of law works and then hold a trial complete with witness and a judge.
Rough Wood – Crosses were rough-hewn and far from smooth. Find a rough piece of wood and have everyone rub it – be gentle. Talk about how the cross was not smooth.
Last year’s game night was a blast and we still miss hanging out with all of you; so, mark your calendars for Sunday, January 30th @ 6:30PM for Family Game Night. We’re going to gather together for a night of fun, laughter and fellowship.
All you’ll need to do is round up your family, bring a larger than life game piece that represents your family [think tea kettle, stuffed animal, baseball cap, etc] and show up in the fellowship hall. CloughKids will bring the fellowship hall filling game board, trivia, emoji puzzles, markers, bean bags and snacks for an action packed night of friendly competition.
Families with youth – all of the youth will be joining us for game night!
No registration necessary.
Would you try to rehang a towel rack to the wall with white glue? Probably not.
Is your hammer going to help your fix the light switch? Unlikely.
Having the right tools makes all the difference when you are trying to accomplish a job well. Join us as guest speaker Vanessa Wellendorf shares some new tools for your parenting toolbelt. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to come together, talk about parenting and pick up a new tool or two for your arsenal.
CloughKids crawling through non-youth 6th grade will have their own workshop during the adult program. To help make arriving by 9AM easier, the children’s activities will begin with breakfast before digging into some new tools of their own. Registration is required for the children’s activities – Register Here.